Winter is nearly coming to an end and spring is just around the corner, but if you’re not yet ready to say goodbye to the chilly air, we have the perfect Matcha Hot Cocoa recipe for you! Make it for your morning commute, as pick me up in the afternoon, a special dessert, or even when you’re flying – it’s perfect for any occasion. Use almond milk to create a non-lactose version, or choose whatever milk you wish. Why not pair this stunning drink with healthy vegan cookies? I mean, why not?
FYI: Health Benefits of Matcha
Let’s see, where do we even start? Drinking just one serving of matcha tea makes up the nutritional equivalent of 10 cups of any regularly brewed green tea – dang. Oh, Matcha powdered green tea also has 137 times ~more~ antioxidants than a regularly brewed green tea. And just for kicks, take a look at some bulleted benefits below!
– Boosts your metabolism and burns calories
– Effectively and naturally detoxifies
– Calms the mind and helps to relax the body
– Rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
– Enhances mood and even aids in concentration
– Provides an added dose of vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
– Finally, it also lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Matcha White Hot Cocoa Recipe
– 30g (1/4 cup) white chocolate wafers
– 2 scoops (2g) of Panatea matcha or just 1 packet of Panatea’s new instant matcha
– 8 to 10 oz almond milk (or milk of your choice)
– whipped cream and/or shredded coconut (for toppings)
1. Melt the white chocolate wafers in a double boiler over the stove and pour the almond milk on top.
2. Whisk the mixture together until the chocolate melts completely in the almond milk.
3. Add the matcha and gently continue to heat the mixture in a double boiler. (Be sure you add matcha after you melt the white chocolate and milk mixture so that way you don’t overheat and burn the matcha.)
4. Pour the delicious cocoa into your favorite mug.
5. Top all with the whipped cream and shredded coconut flakes. Last but not least, enjoy!